Coverage for your bike while riding on the open road
While you’re on the open road riding carefree and enjoying the beautiful sunset, you need insurance that works hard to protect your carefree spirit. Choosing the right insurance policy is much like choosing the right motorcycle. We’ll help you hit the open road with a tailored customized insurance policy – no matter where your journeys takes you.
Motorcycle insurance policies works like auto insurance, it is made up of various components, some that are legally required while others are optional.
The minimum insurance coverage required for motorcycles is liability insurance, other types of coverages are optional.
• Liability insurance – covers bodily injury and property damage that you may cause to other people involved in an accident. It doesn’t cover injury to you or damage to your motorcycle. Guest Passenger Liability, which provides protection if a passenger is injured on your motorcycle, may also be available to you, depending on state laws and the company issuing your policy.
• Motorcycle collision insurance – covers damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in a collision with another vehicle. Your insurance company pays for damages, minus your deductible.
• Comprehensive coverage -pays for damages caused by an incident other than a collision, such as fire, theft, or vandalism. Like collision coverage, your insurance company will pay for damages, minus your deductible.
• Coverage for customized motorcycle parts – Many comprehensive and collision policies will only cover the factory standard parts on your motorcycle, or they will limit the coverage. If you decide to add on any optional accessories such as chrome parts, a custom paint job, trailers, or sidecars, check with your insurer to understand the limits of coverage.
• Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage – pays for damages to you and/or your property caused by another driver who either doesn’t have insurance (uninsured) or doesn’t have adequate insurance (underinsured). UM/UIM policies typically pay for medical treatment, lost wages and, in some cases, property damage.
Discounts are a good way to help you save on your insurance premiums and still obtain sufficient coverage.
There are several types of motorcycle insurance discounts including:
• Motorcycle Safety Course Discount
• Multi-Cycle Discount
• Motorcycle Association Discount
• Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) Discount
Motorcycle Safety Course Discount
The course is intended for new drivers, or as a refresher course for those who may want to touch up on their ridden. To receive this discount, you must complete an approved motorcycle safety course to qualify.
If you own more than one motorcycles, and they are insured with the same insurance company. You can qualify for the multi-motorcycle discount.