Your Home is Important, Protect your Most Valuable Asset
What would happen if a disaster struck your home tomorrow? Are you confident you’re adequately protected for damages or a total loss? Would you be required to pay out of pocket for some or all the repairs? Wouldn’t you want your claim settled by an insurance agency that understands this simple fact?
Lancaster Insurance Center can help you find the right home insurance that will best fit your needs and offer you the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service, and fair pricing. Whether you own a house, condominium, or manufactured home; the right home insurance policy can provide you with peace of mind.
What is Homeowners Insurance
Insuring your home can help protect you financially in the event you suffer a loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, or any other type of loss. Homeowners insurance covers personal liability exposures, to protect you from situations in the event someone is injured while on your property and could lead to a lawsuit or legal judgment against you.
Homeowner’s insurance policies vary by which losses are covered, which coverages you select, and what type of residence you own. You decide which policy may be right for you, whether it’s a comprehensive policy or a policy that covers only specified losses.
Facts About Homeowner’s Insurance
There are several things about insuring a home that most people aren’t aware of. At Lancaster Insurance Center, we are here to make sure you avoid potential problem areas, including:
• Sewer backup which is not covered under most policies unless you add water backup to your policy.
• A standard homeowner’s policy does not include Flood Insurance. You would need to purchase Flood Insurance a separate policy that covers flood.
• A standard homeowners’ policy only covers theft of jewelry up to a certain value. To properly insure jewelry, engagement rings and other expensive items, consider purchasing additional coverage through an economical floater or an endorsement.
• Many policies default to actual cash value, which means if you purchased a widescreen TV and home theater system for $1,000, it may now only be worth $450, so that’s all you’ll receive on the claim. Just like the dwelling limit mentioned above, replacement cost insurance pays out the total replacement value of your possessions, not their market value, in the event of a claim.
• IMPORTANT: By combining your Home and Auto policies (and others) you could receive more savings.
PROTECT THE THINGS THAT MATTER TO YOU
• Make an inventory list of all the stuff in your home. Take photos or video — using two inventory methods that can help expedite the claim resolution process. Keep this list somewhere other than in your home. Keep in mind, your home policy does not cover damages caused by poor or deferred maintenance on your part.
• Every home is unique – talk to us today to find out how to get the best price and value on your homeowners’ insurance.
Allow Lancaster Insurance Center to help you choose a policy that will fit your individual or family’s needs. Our goal is to help you protect what matters most by protecting your assets, whether personal, business, or both. A well-chosen policy can lessen the impact of some of life’s most common, yet unforeseen perils.
Contact Lancaster Insurance Center today for a quote!