Classic/Antique Auto Insurance
Your classic, collectible, or antique auto is not your everyday vehicle. We understand how much time and effort you have invested into your vehicle. Now that it has been restored, it’s time to tailor an insurance policy that will protect your pride and joy. Your typical auto insurance policy does not provide adequate coverage to protect such a vehicle due to damage or loss.
Types of Vehicles We Insure
When it comes to a classic or collectible auto the market values it differently. If a vehicles value exceeds the original selling price, it may be considered collectible and qualify for specialized classic auto policy. Since classic or collectible autos are frequently registered as older or historical vehicles, they’re not valued at their true market value.
Qualifications for Classic or Collectible Vehicle
A vehicles age is not enough to qualify for a specialized classic or collectible auto insurance. Insurance requirements may differ from each individual company to meet the following conditions to qualify:
- Usage: Your classic or collectible auto may not be used for everyday commuting to work or errands. Your policy might include mileage limitations. Companies may require proof that you own a vehicle, and it is insured for everyday use.
- Secure Storage: Your classic or collectible auto should be stored inside a secure enclosed locked garage, private structure, such as a residential garage or a storage unit.
- Car show and meetings: Classic or collectible auto policy allows for limited use, such as travel to auto shows or auto club meetings however, this coverage may be restricted by some companies. In this situation, there are companies that provide specialized coverage for your auto shows and meetings. When selecting a classic or collectible auto insurance company, find out if there are any travel restrictions, such as taking your auto out on regular, multi-day or high mileage drives.
- Driver Eligibility: Your driving history will play a factor. You may be ineligible for classic or collectible auto insurance if you have any major violations on your driving record, such as reckless driving, repeat speeding violations or driving while intoxicated.
Not all vehicles will meet the guidelines of every company. For example, some companies may not cover vintage off-road vehicles. Companies may also decline to insure vehicles that are in poor condition or have been previously damaged. Should you ever be in the unfortunate position of having to file a claim, everything will be in order.
Allow Lancaster Insurance Center to help you choose a policy that will fit your individual or family’s needs. Our goal is to help you protect what matters most by protecting your assets, whether personal, business, or both. A well-chosen policy can lessen the impact of some of life’s most common, yet unforeseen perils.
Contact Lancaster Insurance Center today for a quote!
Typical vehicles that may warrant classic or collectible auto insurance include:
• Antique and classic autos, usually at least 25 to 30 years old
• Hotrods and modified vehicles
• Exotic and luxury auto
• Muscle cars
• Classic trucks
You might want to pursue specialized insurance for vintage military vehicles, classic motorcycles, and antique tractors.